Employee Assistance Program
Floyd County Public Schools (FCPS) partners with Carilion to provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services to school employees and their families. The FCPS Carilion EAP is a voluntary, confidential service providing professional counseling and referral services designed to help school employees with personal, job or family concerns.
Eligibility & Costs
Access and use of EAP services is provided at no cost to full-time or part-time employees and their immediate family members.
Confidentiality is one of the most important aspect of the EAP. Privacy of employees and family members who seek EAP services is protected and is not revealed to the school division.
EAP services are made available is to help employees and their families with personal issues. Services may include support for:
- Relationship, marital and family conflicts
- Financial or legal concerns
- Grief and loss difficulties
- Depression and/or anxiety, emotional or stress-related problems
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Problems related to work
Helpful tips and information about wellness, stress management and various life-style topics are made available in monthly newsletters from the EAP.
For assistance, employees can call the Carilion EAP at 1-800-992-1931 to schedule an appointment at one of their two locations in the region:
- New River Valley – 2900 Lamb Circle, Suite 310, Christiansburg, VA (at the CNRV Medical Center)
- Roanoke – 213 McClanahan Street, Suite 201, Roanoke, VA